Kelly, Theresa M. (2011) Models of Psi Mediation: A Classical and Quantum Approach. In: Telepathy: A Quantum Approach. A Quantum Approach (University Textbooks) (1). Lulu Enterprises Inc., Raleigh, NC, pp. 5-29. ISBN 1257122789
|PDF - Published Version|
In this chapter I address both classical and quantum mechanical modeling approaches to psi phenomena including those pertaining to the role of psi phenomena such as the psi-mediated instrumental response (PMIR) and relative need-serving qualities of psi, psychokinesis as a primary psi process, and psi as a product of evolution via Darwinian theory. In addition, I address classical models including electromagnetic models, energy field models, and the zero-point field model. I address the associations of psi phenomena with quantum theory, and new approaches to such phenomena via quantum mechanical modeling. Also included is an overview of fundamental quantum mechanical laws, principles, and issues in regards to psi such as the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, superposition, quantum computation, decoherence, entropy, information processing, wave function collapse, and the measurement problem. I elaborate on the essential role of quantum information theory in regards to psi phenomena, the view of computational living systems, the macroscopic challenge for quantum computation and psychical re-search, the quantum efficiency of psi, and the non-local communicative nature of psi. In addition, I address the part played by Nature in regards to the mediation of psi via my own hypo-thesis addressing Nature as an experient accessible universal information processing and storage system with features of four dimensionalism. I address geomagnetic entanglement and permanent and seemingly macroscopic entanglement in regards to psi. Importantly, I briefly call for a redefinition of precognition, that does not defy the principle of causality (arrow of time), as a result of experient access to Nature’s probabilistic computations in real-time (i.e. once we start to view Nature as a quantum computational system, or similar to the human brain e.g. in regards to predictive coding, we will begin to see that it may not be the “future” experients of precognition receive, but rather probability based on past and real-time events calculated by the system).
|Item Type:||Book Section|
|Uncontrolled Keywords:||psi phenomena, role of psi, psi-mediated instrumental response, psychokinesis, evolution, Darwinian theory, electromagnetic models, energy field models, zero-point field, quantum theory, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, superposition, quantum computation, decoherence, entropy, information processing, wave function collapse, measurement problem, quantum information theory, non-local communication, mediation of psi, universal information, four dimensionalism, geomagnetic entanglement, macroscopic entanglement, precognition, principle of causality, arrow of time, predictive coding, probability,|
|Subjects:||Q Science > Q0 Interdisciplinary sciences|
1. Broughton, R.S. (1987). “If you want to know how it works, first find out what it’s for.” Presidential Address, 13th Annual Convention of the Parapsychological Association.
2. Houtkooper, J.M. (2002) “Arguing for an Observational Theory of Paranormal Phenomena,” Society for Scientific Exploration.
3. Irwin, H. , Watt, C. (2007) “An Introduction to Parapsychology,” McFarland& Company Inc.
4. Radin D. (2006) “Entangled Minds. Extra-sensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality.” Paraview Pocket Books.
5. Roll, W.G., Williams, B.J. (2008) “Parapsychology and Quantum Entanglement. “ Proceedings of The Parapsychological Association Convention 2008.
6. Rosemblum, B., Kuttner, F. (2008) “Quantum Enigma.” Physics encounters consciousness. Oxford University Press.
7. Scientific American (1997) "What is the 'zero-point energy' (or 'vacuum energy') in quantum physics? Is it really possible that we could harness this energy?”
8. Thanheld, F.H. (2010). “Quantum Non-Locality: Does Nature also Perform the trick via a Biological Route?” NeuroQuantology.
9. U.S. Army National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) "Zero-Point Energy: Can We Get Something From Nothing."
10. Vedra, V. (2010). “Decoding Reality: The Universe as Quantum Information,” Ox-ford University Press, USA.
11. Von Neumann J. (1995) “Mathematical Foundations of Quantum Mechanics.” Princeton University Press.
12. Walker EH. (1979) “The Quantum Theory of Psi Phenomena.” Psychoenergetic Systems.
|Deposited By:||Dr. Theresa M. Kelly|
|Deposited On:||15 Jan 2012 20:56|
|Last Modified:||15 Jan 2012 20:58|
Repository Staff Only: item control page